Aulder Capital is seeking an Associate Asset Manager for its growing Asset Management Team. The Asset Manager will be responsible for four to six value-add multifamily assets located in the Northeast corridor of the United States. This is an opportunity to execute the business plan from start to finish, including setting and managing strategy as the assets evolve, overseeing capex and unit renovation projects, coordination and evaluation of on-site management, touring the assets on a regular basis, monthly internal reporting, quarterly external reporting, disposition analysis, and managing the sale process once the business plan has been completed. The ideal candidate will work closely with the team to share ideas, but will also work independently with minimal supervision to deliver results. The individual should be able to thrive in an environment that is highly entrepreneurial, both strategic and creative, and which requires strong skills in the areas of analytics, multitasking, prioritizing, decision-making and communication.
- Strategy: Develop annual operating budgets, shape the lease rollover schedule, identify projects with an accretive return on cost, build financial models to support investment decisions, and evaluate refinance and exit options. Prepare operational reviews and propose, implement and monitor solutions for under-performing assets.
- Analysis: Develop annual budgets and controls to evaluate performance relative to budget. Mitigate risk through line item review, dashboards, and early identification of demographic trends, political risk, insurance risk, environmental risk, etc.
- Reporting: Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, prepare Investment Committee Memos, and maintain waterfall distribution models. Synthesize weekly activity down to key decision points and situations needing attention from the Investment Committee. Support property staff by reviewing coded expenses and working with staff accountants to ensure proper allocations.
- Operational Leadership: Lead the communication between property management, leasing, and construction teams in order to accomplish business plan goals through communication, teamwork and accountability.
- Project Oversight: Monitor capital and unit renovation projects alongside the construction team to create scopes, ensure timely completion within budget, and inspect completed work.
- Field Work: Visit assets regularly to evaluate on-site staff, physical condition, market fundamentals, status in the market, and explore opportunities to improve the asset.
- Professional Development: Expand network by representing the company in a professional manner at key conferences and events. Participate in job-related training to grow expertise and bring new tools and best practices to the company.
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5 years of asset management or investment experience at a real estate investment firm
- Experience with multifamily and/or value-add asset management strategies is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting information in an organized manner
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Pride in delivering a thorough and accurate work product
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team comprised of local and remote colleagues
- Desire to work in a high-pressure, client-driven environment
- Analytical aptitude – Ability to process data quickly and efficiently
Aulder Capital is a vertically integrated, privately held investment management company with over $300 million in assets. The Firm focuses on value-add multi-family and commercial properties located in New York City and the Northeast corridor. Aulder targets middle-market transactions ($15 to $100 million) with attractive risk-adjusted returns achieved through investments in renovation, leasing, marketing, and repositioning. Aulder Senior Management has over 100+ years of experience at a range of institutional and “grass-roots” shops, with a combined $30.5 billion of investment experience.
If this sounds interesting to you, send your resume and a cover letter to our hiring team.